These Terms of Service reflect the way International Film Registry (IFR) works, the laws that apply to services and reflect our mission statement. These Terms of Service spell out a relationship with you as you interact with our services.
If you’re under the age required to access video-oriented sites, you must have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to use an IFR. Also, ask your parent or legal guardian to read these terms with you. If you’re a parent or legal guardian, and you allow your child to use our services, then these terms apply to you and you’re responsible for your child’s activity on our site.
YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH IFR
These terms help define the relationship between you and IFR. We give you permission to use our services if you agree to follow these terms, which reflect how we work and how we earn money. When we speak of IFR, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’, we mean International Film Registry and its affiliates or principal collaborators and associates.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Provide an online platform/facility/repository for films from all cultures and film genres. We provide a range of services that are subject to these terms, including:
- A film sharing platform utilizing external links
- A film depository allowing you to upload your original films
We’re constantly employing new technologies and features to improve our services, including means of detecting and blocking spam and malware. As part of this, we may sometimes add or remove features and functionalities, increase or decrease our services, and offer more services or stop offering old ones.
In all cases, we carefully consider your interests as a user, your reasonable expectations, and the likely impact on you and others. We change and adapt our services according to certain unavoidable realities and for valid reasons, such as improving site performance or security, to comply with the law, to prevent illegal activities or abuse, to reflect technical developments or when an aspect of our service stops being popular or economical.
In the event of our making such changes, we will make sure to give you reasonable advance notice.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
The permission that we give you to use our services continues as long as you meet your responsibilities in:
Our services allow you to interact with the works of others on our site and with the sources of the videos we showcase. We wish to maintain a respectful environment for everyone, which means that we expect you to conduct yourself according to these basic rules:
- Refrain from uploading any form or pornography onto our site
- Refrain from uploading racist, sexist, and any discriminatory, mocking, debasing, libellous, slanderous or defamatory material on IFR
- You comply with applicable laws, including export control, sanctions and human trafficking laws
- Respect the rights of others, including privacy and intellectual property rights
- Don’t abuse or harm others or yourself (or threaten or encourage such abuse or harm) – for example, by misleading, defrauding, defaming, bullying, harassing or stalking others
- Don’t abuse, harm, interfere with, or disrupt the services
- If you find that others aren’t following these rules, make it your civic duty to report this to us
NB: We maintain a no-nonsense policy on abuse, intellectual property theft; plagiarism; racism; sexism; discrimination; prejudice; mockery; debasing; libel; slander; defamation; hateful content; harassment and cyberbullying; incitement to harm or carry dangerous or hateful acts; threats; pornography; paedophilia; prostitution and human trafficking; violent or graphic content; spam, misleading metadata and scams; political propaganda; any kind of fanaticism; impersonation; and any action deemed to be unethical or unlawful under natural laws, constitutional law, conventions and treaties. When we act on a report of any of the above deeds, we will naturally give the reported user a fair opportunity to justify, explain, or repair any damage, before deciding on what action to take. This may include taking down their video and banning them from using the IFR for an unqualified period. Where necessary we shall involve the relevant police force in investigations which may lead to the arrest and prosecution of the offender, wherever they are.
PERMISSION TO USE YOUR CONTENT
IFR allows you to upload, submit, store, send, receive or share your content. You have no obligation to provide any content to our site and you decide what content you upload. It is important to make sure that you have the necessary rights to upload content onto IFR and that the content is lawful and does not contravene any laws, including natural ones, or our terms of usage.
Your original content remains yours, which means that you retain the copyright and other intellectual property rights you have in the content. This includes your right to share someone else’s creative content, provided you have their permission to share it on our platform.
ORIGINAL FILM/VIDEO SHARING
All our terms and licensing terms apply fully to original work that you upload directly to our platform. Our rights as the licence will be limited to what you post onto our site, and will not extend to any other site where you post the same work. Any monetizing action relating to your work will be by express arrangement with you, based on our rights as your licensees of the work you have posted on our site.
REFERRED AND SECONDARY SHARING
By sharing content via a link to an external source, such as Youtube or Vimeo, you give us permission to seek mutual beneficial associateships with that source platforms or company based on any monetizing arrangements associated with your work and the way our site influences such arrangements. Your sharing work with us via an external link does not affect your original licence with the original source. For instance, if you are sharing work that you have published on Youtube, then Youtube will continue to be the original licence of the content.
Under this arrangement, we need your permission if your intellectual property rights restrict our use of your content. Through this licence, you grant us that permission.
WHAT IS COVERED
This licence covers your content if it is protected by intellectual property rights.
- This licence is only about your original work and does not affect your data protection rights
- This licence doesn’t cover the following types of material:
a) Publicly available and factual information. This is because the material that is considered common knowledge which everyone is free to use does not require a licence.
b) The feedback that you offer, such as suggestions to improve our services. We consider this a civic function for the benefit of yourself and all members of the community.
This licence is:
- Worldwide, which means that it’s valid anywhere in the world
- Non-exclusive, which means that you can license your content to others
- Royalty-free, which means that there are no fees for this licence
This licence allows IFR to:
- Host, reproduce, distribute, communicate and use your content, and to save your content on our systems and make it accessible without restriction
- Publish, publicly perform or publicly display your content, if you choose to make it visible to others
- Modify your content by changing the format/codec to fit our site, and to translate associated text automatically or manually for a wider audience
- sublicense these rights to our contractors who’ve signed agreements with us that are consistent with these terms, and only for the limited purposes prescribed such agreements
This licence lasts for as long as your content is protected by intellectual property rights.
If you remove from our services any content that’s covered by this licence, our systems will stop making that content publicly available in a reasonable amount of time. There are two exceptions:
- If you already shared your content with others before removing it. For example, if you shared it on other video streaming platforms, then it will continue to appear on those platforms.
- If you make your content available through other companies’ services, then search engines will continue to find and display your content in their search results.
Your privacy is important to us. It is IFR’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, http://internationalfilmregistry, and other sites we own and operate.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from people who are under the 16 years old. Individuals under the applicable age may use our services only through a parent or legal guardian’s account and under their supervision. If you are a parent or legal guardian who believes that your child has given personal information to IFR without your consent, you may ask us to delete this by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, do contact us.
This policy is effective as of 30 April 2020.
HOW TO CONTACT US:
60 Swinley House
London NW1 4BB